Pond Cottage, Selling Road
Canterbury, Kent CT4 8BD
A funky boutique B&B nestled in glorious rolling landscape with an emphasis on privacy and peace. A perfect romantic bolt-hole retreat for two.
Pond Cottage dates back to 1711 and enjoys a rural location with fine views all around. This boutique B&B is a perfect base for walking or exploring the cathedral city of Canterbury or the pretty village of Faversham (10 minutes drive), the trendy coastal town of Whitstable (15 minutes drive) or Derek Jarman’s famous garden at Dungeness . One hour 30 minutes from London.
- Boutique B&B – one spacious and very contemporarily designed double bedroom with open plan en-suite shower room. The bold colour scheme including a hot pink rubber floor draws its inspiration from an Indian wall hanging.
- French doors open out from the bedroom on to your private terrace with seating. There is also a hot tub for your exclusive use just above the terrace.
- Private dining is a speciality.
- Breakfast is a generous choice of delicious hot and cold local food.
- If you really want to a long soak in a roll top bath then you can pre book the private bathroom and order a glass of champagne.
- An on site massage can be arranged with a qualified therapist.
Marg and Jude are calm and relaxed and this is reflected in their approach to their guests. They have carefully designed the B&B element of their home so that you will enjoy lots of privacy but Jude will be on hand to help if you need any top tips. No surprises that Jude is a qualified interior designer who masterminded the restoration at Pond Cottage. She manages the day-to-day running of the B&B and runs her own design business while Marg is the CEO of a leading development charity.
Rates£240 2 nights/2 people
Your Host(s)Jude Adams
Tub / Spa
No Smoking in Any Rooms
Environmentally Friendly / Green
VCR / DVD
Off Street Parking
Partial Handicap Access
Travel & Lodging » Bed & Breakfasts, Hotels, Other Lodging